Thursday 30 August 2012

Uses for Crochet 2: Container

Just because I haven't made containers out of crochet, I made some :) As quoted from the book where the pattern used for this is taken, it says that, "Crochet is a great textile for containers, as it is firmer than knitting and also offers interesting, but easy-to-work textures." Indeed, I agree. The containers were suggested for the storage of nursery "stuff" for babies like cotton wool and little toys. In my case, I used it to store my small balls of yarns.
Pattern for the container is from Baby Crochet book by Lois Daykin ("Storage Pots," p.53).
From the top, the three different-sized containers I made even looked like a flower.
It looks hard to make, but the entire pattern is just made up of single crochets - which is the most basic crochet stitch. It just takes a good amount of patience to actually finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment